Monday, September 28, 2026

You Will Always Be - Laura Gilhuly

Hi everyone!
Laura back today to share my next layout.


2Crafty Products Used:


You Will Always be
6" Wrought Iron Border
Foliage Set 13
Lattice Leaves
4.5 Flourish Doily


This layout was one of the hardest I have done but I love how it turned out.
  This photo of my parents hands was taken on their 60th wedding anniversary just a
few months before my dad passed away from dementia.


After prepping the chipboard with white gesso I painted the wrought iron border and the
 doily with light pink paint.  I have used the border underneath the photo and the 
doily tucked into the right hand side of the photo.


I inked the leaves with mellow moss ink and tucked amongst the flowers.


I also inked the title with same ink then heat embossed with clear embossing powder.  To add a bit of drama to the title I applied a bit of gold liquid pearl with my finger.


This title could not have been more perfect for this memory.

Hope you are inspired to get crafting your special moments, even if they bring a touch of sadness
they are important ones to document.

Thank you for stopping by