Friday, May 3, 2024

Today is Perfect
By Charmane Sharp

 



If you follow my Scrapbooking, on my page Scrapbooking with Passion by
Charmane Sharp you know the ocean lives in my soul. I also know I can build
a layout with 2Crafty Chipboard and use chipboard that is not beach themed.
Yet the end result is perfect with curved pieces like the Revolution Circles and
Leafy Shrub sets to reflect the waves.




2Crafty Chipboard used...

Title- Today is Perfect
Foliage set 9
Leafy Shrub set 1 x2 sets
6' Circle Revolution Frames




Using Finnabair waxes over the Gesso gives a beautiful shiny finish to
the title. I chose Celestial and Sea Glass for the top and applied Graphite
to the entire word perfect. Then rubbed Celestial on the top of the letters
so it came out darker than over the white background of the word today.




I opted for Graphite stems, Old Denim at the base of the flower and Faded
Denim wax on the petals. Gesso underneath helps the colours to shine. It's so 
easy to apply with your fingers and blend together.




I used two sets of the Leafy Shrub set 1 so I could have 2 of the same piece
to create uniformity. Blue Lagoon and Celestial wax give a brighter look
against the foliage so they compliment each other but stand out individually.
By cutting them up I had four pieces to place around my layout to have
continuity and brighter details.




By placing a Revolution Circle Frame over my photo it keeps it focused
with all the gorgeous details around it. Then tucking a larger frame under
-neath creates the look of more circles encircling the photo. They were both
waxed with Old Denim and a little Celestial rubbed on for contrast.




Finnabair waxes are so easy to use on chipboard and a tiny amount goes
a long way so they are also economical. If you don't like messy fingers then
wear gloves or clean your hands with Archival ink cleaner. It gets most of
the colour off and then after doing the dishes my hands are usually clear of colour.

Until next time...

Charmane x