Thursday, May 16, 2024

Just ME ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone, welcome back to the blog.

Today I am sharing a layout of my friend's little girl. I love this photo of her, she is so photogenic! I've had this photo for a couple of years. Just waiting for the right paper and embellies to scrap it with to come along. With the background of the photo being so dark, I wanted to use black accents with just a little pop of color.


"Just ME"


Today's Chippies are:

Thin Rectangle Stacked Frames

Morrocan Panel

Just ME




As usual, a coat of gesso first on all the chipboard.

I used one of the Thin Rectangle Stacked Frames on an angle to frame the photo. I wanted the color of the frame to match the flowers, and had a time getting to it! I used a mix of Neutral Gray, Naphthol Crimson, Light Pink and White Acrylic Paint (whew) to get the right shade of pink. But it was worth the mess, because I came pretty darn close!


I cut up the Moroccan Panel  and used a piece of it behind the photo on the upper right. I used the panel in few places just to add some texture. I gave it 2 coats of White Gesso instead of painting it white because the paper behind it is more of a light gray and is not a true white. I didn't want a stark contrast in color, just some texture.


The title Just ME, WAS painted with White Acrylic Paint, because here I did want more contrast. Even though it's just a subtle difference from the Gesso on the Morrocan Panel pieces, it really does show IRL. 


Then at the bottom of the layout I added a couple more pieces of the Morrocan Panel just to balance out the texture on the layout.


I hope I have inspired you to play around with darker neutral embellishments, and photos, using just a pop of color. I think it really lends to a dramatic feel. Thanks for stopping by today and I will be back in a few weeks with another project using fabulous 2Crafty Chipboard!

xxx