Friday, April 26, 2024

"Spring Tags" with Amy Voorthuis

 Hi lovely creative peeps, 
Hope you are having a warm & sunny day here in my part of the world spring is not breaking through yet! So for this post I made a couple of happy spring feeling tags sometimes it's very therapeutic to just make tags and fussy cut a little in front of the tv. My first tag is with a picture of my husband and I the 20th of this month we had our 12 year wedding anniversary.

Our Forever Jouney: 



For this tag I altered the chipboard pieces in a very simple way I just added some spray paint on the Foliage Set 6 & the Spring Flower Bunches and the first one was altered with a thin later of embossing powder and some crystal drops. 


The ATC banner was just altered with some white gesso and some wax. On the word arrow I added three layers of white embossing powder to create a thick layer. 


My second tag was made for a tag challenge {it was to add some bees} I had so much fun making these tags that I just can't stop hihi.

Bee Gorgeous: 

2 Crafty Chipboard used: 
Lattice Leaves
Frame Jenna
Mini # Word Set 1
Frame Viney Circles
ATC Word Banner Set 1
BeeYoutiful Set



I altered my pieces the same way as the first tag above only for the bees I used some posca pens in black & yellow but also some orange watercolour paint and to finish them of I added a piece of paper behind them 


For the leaves and frame I also used some spray paint and waxes. The big frame & word bee are altered with three layers of embossing powder to add a little dimension. 


My third tag is my last for this post and was made with the same collection as the first two that collection make my heart very happy & sunny oh how I long for spring & summer. 

Finding Beauty in Everyday: 

2 Crafty Chipboard used: 
Mini Branches
Phrase Stick Set 2 {6x4}
Leafy Sihouettes



I cut up the Phrase Stick Set 2 {6x4} in two and just added a thin layer of white gesso later I added some rusty brown wax the make a little woodgrain effect. 


Both leaves I used here are altered with some green spray paint both in two layers after that I added some matte white wax & some shinning white wax. 


 Thank you so much for stopping by, I will be back soon with another project hope to see you back...then it's may already wow.

Meanwhile if you would like to see more you could visit here: 

Amy's Pretty Papers