Tuesday, December 5, 2023

It's the SEASON to Sparkle - by Robin Schelin

Hello everyone, and welcome to the fabulous 2Crafty blog!  

Today I'm sharing a sparkly Christmas layout with you. The camera doesn't do it justice, it is really sparkly in real life! I love the green and white with this black and white photo. I think it gives the layout a dramatic feel to it. I hope you like it!

"It's the SEASON to Sparkle"


2Crafty used:

Lacy Border Set

It's the SEAON to Sparkle

Formal Border

Brushstroke Trees

Wintry Snowflakes


As I always do, first a coating of gesso on all the chipboard. Provides a good base on the chippies before altering them.


I used the border strips from the Lacy Border Set down the length of the layout behind the black strip of patterned paper. I think makes the design a little fancy. I used Viva Decor Pearl Pen in black because it gives a deep black which blends in with the paper.

In the middle of the black strip I placed the Formal Border, also running the length of the layout.  I used Viva Decor Paper Soft Color in Light Moss Green to try to match the green of the background paper. I like it because it breaks up the black and adds another element of texture.


Here I added a couple stars from the Wintry Snowflakes set. Just to add little more sparkle to this side of the layout. I first painted them with white Acrylic Paint, then while it was still wet, I sprinkled on some Mixed Berries Fairy Dust Glitter.


I love this title! It says it all! The 'Its the SEASON to' was altered with Viva Decor Paper Soft Color in Light Moss Green. After I finished the layout, and after photographing it, I wish I had made this part of the title darker so it could be seen better. In real life it shows up fine. 

The word Sparkle really does sparkle! The camera doesn't capture it at all! But it does! I first painted it with white Acrylic Paint, then sprinkled Mixed Berries Fairy Dust Glitter on it while it was still wet. I added one of the stars from the Wintry Snowflakes on the 'S' jut to add more sparkle and to accentuate the word.


These Brushstroke Trees are just fabulous! They are just gorgeous! I painted both of them with Viva Paper Soft color in Light Moss Green. I went heavier with the paint on the top one to create contrast and depth. I wanted them to been seen, but not overpower the rest of the layout. The stars on top are painted with white Acrylic Paint and the dusted with glitter. I finished them off with Rhinestones on both of them for ornaments.


Hope this gets you in the mood for Christmas projects. It will be here before you know it! See you in a couple of weeks with one more Christmas layout for the year.