Wednesday, November 23, 2022

"so thankful" ~ by Robin Schelin

Hi everyone. Welcome back to the 2Crafty Blog! 

Here in the USA, Thanksgiving is right around the corner. I made this layout to commemorate this wonderful holiday, and to show what the true meaning of it is.

So, as we all gather around the table for our yummy Thanksgiving dinner, remember your many blessings and be thankful!


"so thankful"




The beautiful 2Crafty Chippies I used;

6" Mandala No 5

Mini Flourish Bits

Doily Disc Set 1

Decorative Rod Set 1

Angie's Vines

Sybill's Name Plates




All the chipboard was first coated with White Gesso. I do this automatically even before I decide how I'm going to alter it! A good habit to be in, in my opinion!


Starting from the top, here is the 6" Mandala No 5. I cut the center out and then cut that in half so I could stack them behind the photo with a small paper doily separating them. I heat embossed them with Mushroom Imagine Ink Embossing Powder. I love how this color of this embossing powder matches perfectly with the browns in the paper.

Here also, along the left of the photo, is one of the pretty little swirls from the Mini Flourish Bits tucked in among the flowers. I heat embossed it with White Ultra Thick Embossing Powder.


I tucked the little doily from the Doily Disc Set 1 under the photo on the bottom left. You can't see it very well,  just a tad showing. 

Also here are 2 of the rods from the Decorative Rod Set 1. I heat embossed these both as well as the Doily Disc with Mushroom Imagine Ink Embossing Powder.


I just love Angie's Vines. So pretty and feminine! I decided to heat emboss them with White Ultra Thick Embossing Powder in keeping with the white at the top left with the little Mini Flourish Bit. This creates balance and brightens up this dusty blue layout.


Here you can see another one of the rods from the Decorative Rod Set 1. 

I used one of the name plates from Sybill's Name Plates to go under the title so it would stand out more. It was also heat embossed with Mushroom Imagine Ink Embossing Powder.


I hope this inspires you, not only to be grateful, but to maybe create a Thanksgiving layout for yourself. We all love to create Christmas projects, and that's wonderful, but let's not forget Thanksgiving. This is the beginning of the Holiday Season and deserves to be showcased as well!

Until next month...