Sunday, June 5, 2022

"Puppy Love" ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hi everybody.  Welcome back to the blog. 

 Hope you all are enjoying this beautiful summer weather.  Today I am sharing a summery layout to match the season.  Who can resist a couple of darling pups?  Not me!  Hope you like it!


"Puppy Love"


Beautiful 2Crafty used:

Circle Lace Panel

Glenda's Swirl

Ornate Fence

Puppy Love

Heart Clumps

Fine and Fancy Butterfly Set





As always, I first coated all the chipboard with white gesso.


Here I painted the Circle Lace Panel dabbing it with Primary Yellow, Cadmium Yellow Medium Hue and White Acrylic Paint. Then I glued it behind the frame.



The title Puppy Love was painted layers of Yellow Oxide, Primary Yellow, and Cadimum Yellow Medium Hue Acrylic Paint to give it a slight ombre effect.  Then I lightly brushed white gesso over the edges to soften it up.
I mounted it on top of the fence using pieces of cardboard underneath to raise it up off the page.

I placed one of butterflies from the Fine and Fancy Butterfly Set below the title.  I painted it with Primary Yellow, and Cadimum Yellow Medium Hue Acrylic Paint in keeping with the color scheme of the layout.  I then glued white paper to the back so it would show up against the patterned paper.




Love the beautiful Glenda's Swirls that I placed on the bottom under the flowers and upper right of the photo.  Just adds the right feminine touch for these cute little girls!  I painted them with White Acrylic Paint.


I also painted the Ornate Fence with White Acrylic Paint and mounted it off the page with pieces of cardboard. This really gives it a 3D effect.


Finally, here are the cute little Heart Clumps.  I have placed them on the photo here, also on the upper left of the frame and on the bottom right under the title. I painted them with Raw Umber Acrylic Paint, then swiped a little white gesso on them here and there.


And that's it!  A sweet layout of a couple gorgeous puppy dogs.  BTW, this is the first layout I've done of dogs using 2Crafty Chippies!  I think I will do some more.....

Take care, stay safe and try creating a layout of your pets.  Lots of fun to do!