Wednesday, May 25, 2022

Memories of You
By Charmane Sharp

 



This layout began with an idea for creating the Heart and evolved from 
there. I love when creative juices flow and you end up with a layout you 
love but not what you thought you were going to make when you began. 
Go with the flow of your creativity and see where it takes you.




2Crafty Chipboard used...

Title- Memories of You
Chained Frames
Doily Clock Face
Hinges pack
Turkish Lattice Panel




The Doily Clock Face is a great focal point and looks amazing
painted with Pastel Watercolours, finished with some dry brushed
Gesso over the top. This is a perfect piece to reflect the moment in
time captured in the photo.




Creating this unique Heart embellishment was easy and looks really 
cool I think. I traced the Chained Heart on top of the Turkish Panel 
and cut it out to fit inside. Applied glue to the edges that touched the
heart and then applied Watercolours. I dry brushed White Gesso over 
the inside and Black Gesso over the Chained Heart to differentiate 
between them.

I painted the title with Black and Charcoal Watercolours and 
stamped with a  texture stamp in Black.




After Watercolouring the Hinges I inserted some Screw Brads for a 
realistic look. They add great details to the corners of my square paper.




By stitching on this layout i feel it gave it a more formal grunge feel.
I hope you can take inspiration from this layout and try out some 
Watercolour techniques of your own. Thanks for taking a look at my
masculine layout.

Until next time...

Charmane x