Thursday, August 5, 2021

"embrace TODAY" by Robin Schelin

 Hello everyone!  

Welcome back to the 2Crafty blog!  Very happy you stopped by. Hope all is well with you and that you are having a great summer!  

Today I am sharing a happy layout with you full of sunshine and summer!


embrace TODAY


The Beautiful 2Crafty chippies I used:

embrace TODAY

11" Fine Floral Frame Set

Frame Celia's Flourish


I love it when a project comes together only using a few pieces of chipboard!   Doesn't happen very often with me!  But this one did because the chipboard pieces just fell into place!



On the title embrace TODAY, I started with white gesso.  On the word embrace, I painted a mixture of cream and ochre Acrylic Paint. 

Then on TODAY I applied  a mix of Distress Ink in Chipped Sapphire, and Distress Oxide in Faded Jeans. I then rubbed a little white gesso over it to try to make it look like the blue in the background.



I just love the 11" Fine Floral Frame Set! I cut it all up and spread it all over the layout! (with pieces left over for another day!) I place them  down the right side of the flowers, next to the photo and then up on the left side. This piece of chipboard is fabulous!  Even if you don't cut it up, it's just beautiful.  I used the same treatment on this that I used on the word TODAY in the title.



The Frame Celia's Flourish was also cut.  I only used the ends on the right and left side of the photo to make a transition between the wood patterned paper and the lighter patterned paper on the bottom.  On these pieces I used white gesso followed by Distress Oxide in Faded Jeans.

The chipboard circle, on the blue circle behind the photo, is one of the negatives from the
Clock Face Frames. I just painted it yellow. I keep everything!!
  You never know when you're going to need a circle! lol! 


So you see, you don't need a lot of different chipboard pieces to make a layout beautiful!.
  Just cut it up and spread the love around! 

That's it from me today.
Hope you like it.

  See you again in a few weeks!

 Stay safe and happy crafting!