Monday, June 28, 2021

"Journey"
Some Mixed Media Inspiration
By Di Garling

Hello there 2Crafty fans, thanks for stopping by.
Today I have another layout to share with you & it features my eldest
granddaughter with her gorgeous hair braids her Mum had done for her
as a special treat for her birthday last year !!

It looked wonderful & she was so proud of it too.

2Crafty Chipboard Used....
Dandelion Set
Fern Leaf Set
Vintage Elements
"Journey" from the Fine Word Set #3

So after creating a mixed media background I then set
about altering all my chipboard elements to match & started
off by base coating all the pieces with white gesso to prime them.

For the "Fern Leaves" I brushed them over with some green ink
& then lightly brushed on a little white gesso before finishing them
off by wiping them over with a wet brush to dilute & blend it all.

So for the "Dandelions" & "Journey" fine word, I then proceeded to cover 
them very roughly with first a random coat of a bronze metallic paint
 followed by simply blobbing on some metallic gold paint with just
 my finger as I wanted it to not be perfect !!


Lastly I cut the pieces from the "Vintage Elements" set in half length ways.
Wiped them over with a brown ink pad before randomly sponging on a little
gold & bronze paint & then poked them in between the layers of my page.

All finished.

I hope you like it.

Until next time.....