Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Woodland Fun!! - by Chrissy Tingey





Hi everyone,
 I couldn’t wait to play with this set of chipboards - the "12inch “Fine Floral” set - 
wow!!! you get so much in this 
pack….and I still have some pieces left over
for another project. 

I created my base by using two sheets of paper, then matted the central "wood slice" paper on top,  
some stitching around the edges in a coordinating thread colour
just adds a little something extra to the layout. 

I had the perfect colour ink pad that coordinated with the teal paper, so inked all
those wonderful chipboards, inking with a pad was really quick
and easy. 

I fussy cut lots of beautiful floral and foliage elements from various papers and also 
stamped and fussy cut the teal flowers to bring all the 
colours together. 



Chipboard used: 

12 inch Fine Floral Set.
Iron Gates.


I framed my photo by using the gorgeous Iron Gates chipboard, then matted this
to the centre of my layout. I then arranged all my fussy cut elements around
the edges of my photo. I tucked the main section of the
Fine Floral set in and around the bottom left hand cluster of
fussy cut elements. 



Don’t be afraid to cut into your chipboards, any pieces that would
be covered I try and cut them out and use else where on the layout, for example: the little flourish 
pieces. 



I love how these chipboards work perfectly alongside the fussy cut and layered flowers - 
a tiny colour coordinated rhinestone to the centre of the chipboard flower
sets it off beautifully. 

I highly recommend these wonderful floral sets, there is so much in them, they would be great on a 
double page spread as the main feature. 

Thanks for stopping by, you can find lots more close-ups of this layout over on my Instagram page


Hugs & Happy Crafting,
Chrissy 
xXx