Friday, April 10, 2020

Grateful
by Sabrina Turpin

Hello 2Crafty fans!

I hope everybody is well and holding up in these very special times. On my side, my family and I are adjusting alright and we do consider ourselves lucky to be together and healthy. We're taking plenty of time to learn new crafts, discover new hobbies and realize lots of experiments with our kids. It's also our very first homeschooling experiment and they seem to enjoy it so far.

Today, I'm presenting you a layout I made this week after we went outside on a sunny day for a bit of exercise (we're allowed to go outside for exercise as long as we stay at least 2m from people living outside our home).





I've also prepared a video to show the various techniques I used to prepare the elements in my layout:


"Grateful"



For the "6" Mandala 1", I applied a coat of black gesso then used my finger to apply a purple wax. Then I used an embossing tool to dry it.


With the "Leafy Silhouettes", I used a teal metallic paint and traced the borders with black ink.


On the "Lace Heart Frame", I used a black sandy embossing powder and then dabbed some yellow embossing ink on top.


For the title, "Grateful script", I used metallic red paint.

I used the following 2Crafty chipboards in this layout:
6" Mandala No.1 [M00790]
Leafy Silhouette [M00498]
Lace Heart Frame [FR0087]
Grateful -Script [W00510]


That's all for me today! I hope you've enjoyed this and I'll be back soon with more inspiration to share with you. Until then, stay safe!