Thursday, July 25, 2019

"Beautiful"
Layout By Di Garling


Hi there paper friends, thanks for stopping by.
Today I have another layout to inspire you & naturally I have
 used some lovely pieces of our favourite 2Crafty chipboard.

 2Crafty Chipboard Used...
Corner Elegant Set #3
Word Banner Set #1
Flower Doilley #3


I started of with a little mixed media background with lots of textures.


Next step was to start having fun with the chipboard pieces.

On the left side of the photos I have actually used a piece of the
"Corner Elegant Set #3" which I cut in half so instead of it being
 a corner it then became just a beautiful flourish piece.


That is the beauty of chipboard, it is just sooo versatile.

I started with a white gesso basecoat, followed by blobbing on some
texture paste with my finger, so that it was really rough. When dry I
wiped a turquoise versamark mini ink pad over it to add the colour.
Too easy & a great textured finish.


In the photo above you can see I have also used a couple of the
"Flower Doileys #3"
which were treated the same way as I did the flourish pieces
except I didn't add any texture. Just gesso & the ink for colour.

When I am using chipboard pieces like this, tucked underneath the edge of photos etc
I always cut them in half. Why waste it when you cannot see it underneath.

This way you get more value for your money by making it go further.


To finish off with I have added a little BEAUTIFUL word which is from the
"Word Banner Set #1".
I very very lightly wiped a little white paint over this so as not to cover the word.

Well thats all from me today.

Until next time.... 

TO VISIT MY BLOG