Monday, May 7, 2018

Your life is a Story - with Emma


Hello, hello all 2Crafty Peeps!!
I’m so excited to be designing and playing along with this awesome team! 
Also to share and hopefully inspire you, but also be inspired by all of you. 
For my first share I have created a masculine page using lots of 2Crafty chippie. 

 

I’ve used these pieces of 2Crafty chipboard on my page:


I wanted my page to be a bit of fun as my boys were pulling the best faces.
I started with applying Gesso straight onto my background, and then I chose 
my colours, which became, Gold, yellows and a splash of green.




Because I had chosen the awesome hexagon chipboard which I inked in black, 
I chose a hexagon stencil, 2 sizes, one I used Gold texture paste and the other in Black ink.
Then with my Distress Oxides I smooshed, yep smooshed the colour all over the 
stencils and gesso. Then I went over that with my Stamps.
The Harlequin Chippie was inked in black then embossed over it in a
 distressed gold to give a different texture from the rest of the page.




For my layers I went deep into my stash and used up scrap pieces.
This included tags, off cuts and cards. I love doing this as it makes each page feel unique.
I very rarely use a full range but choose elements from a few different ones and make
 them work together.
The arrows were also coated in black ink to really pop from the page
 as these were a major embellishment element.




Finally as my Finale I flicked artists ink around my page to bring it all together.

This page makes me smile, and I feel it really speaks my style.
Plus the photo is awesome as my boys were all dressed up and then pulled cracker faces.

I'm so happy to be here and I look forward to sharing
 another layout with you all very soon.
Till then,
Em xx