Thursday, June 15, 2017

My June Inspiration - Two Layouts To Share
By Di Garling

"Let the Adventure Begin"
Hi there lovelies, thanks for stopping by the blog.
Today I have two layouts to share with you starting
off with this blue one that I did with lots of mixed media.

 2Crafty Products Used...
Corner Ivy
Let The Adventure Begin title
Leafy Rounds
Leafy Shrub Set #2
Butterflies


For this chippie "title" I simply coated it in gesso followed by 
dabbing on very lightly with a Prima "Blue Jay" ink.


Here you can see the "Leafy Round" chippie piece underneath the flower cluster.


Now for all the other chippie pieces on this layout have all been treated in the same way.
Step 1... I coated them all in gesso.
Step #2...I then gave them a heavy coat of "Viva Crystal Gel"(gives a sort of crackled effect).
Step #3...I sprayed them all with a mist.

I have actually cut the "Corner Ivy" chippie piece & I have placed a piece across the op of the
page & the other pieces I have positioned at the left side of my photos.



A few chippie "Butterflies" scattered around the layout
& I am all done.



"Hello"

For my second project today I have this layout featuring
my gorgeous grandaughter Mia.

 2Crafty Products....
Hello-title
Frames Tiny Henri's
Brick Panel


In this pic you can see this fab "Hello" title which was perfect for my layout.
I adore this font. All I did to this piece was to simply paint it in black acrylic paint.
Too easy !


The next 2Crafty piece I use is this adorable little frame which was ideal for what I 
needed to add my grandaughters name, age & date to my layout. While practical, it is
 also a sweet little embellishment at the same time. I also painted it in black acrylic paint also.


In these two pics you can see I have cut a "Brick Panel" into a few pieces. First up
I coated it in white gesso before brushing on a little colour with a Lindy's Stamp Gang
"Magical" shaker in "Cuckoo Clock Cardinal. I wanted the colour to be a bit random.


Some lovely 49 and Market flowers.


Some mixed media on my background, a little stamping & some Prills,
& viola, all finished. 

If you would like to visit my blog click HERE