Sunday, September 11, 2016

September Layouts by Debbi Tehrani

This Is the Good Life


This is a photo of my husband's nieces and nephew-in-law. I love the modern look of the snapshot, and I wanted to create a layout that would have a trendy, graphic feel. 2Crafty had the perfect chipboard pieces to achieve this.


I used black stamp ink to color the "This Is the Good Life" title. I just love the 2Crafty "Triangle Set." This sheet of triangles comes in a whole bunch of small, medium, and large triangles. I covered my triangles with patterned paper. I left the "Geotag" raw.


How fun are these circle borders from the "Dotty Bits" set? I originally painted them black, but I didn't like the way they looked, so I flipped them over and left them raw.

2Crafty Products used on this layout:
This Is the Good Life
Geotags
Triangle Set
Dotty Bits



Enjoy


This is my sweet little devil cat, Minnie Cupcake. She is always getting into trouble. She especially likes to chew flowers and leaves off of plants and trees--both real and artificial--in my house. She looks so adorable sitting beside my birthday flowers. In the first picture, it looks like she's smelling the flowers, but she's actually trying to eat them. I thought she looked almost like she was posing for a portrait, so I wanted my page to look like a painting. 


I always like my pages to tell a story, and the word "enjoy" from "Mini Word Set 1" fit the bill because eating flowers is one Minnie Cupcake's favorite things to enjoy. I wanted it to look like an extension of the flourish, so I glued it right next to the swirl. I treated these pieces with different shades of watercolor painted over gesso. The paint wasn't drying, and I was impatient to get on with my layout, so I applied embossing powder. I love the uneven, textured look that resulted.

I painted the lovely border form "Lacy Border Set 1" with gesso and tucked it behind the torn paper. The butterfly tucked behind the roses is from "Addy's Butterflies."


I tucked another flourish, from the "Mini Flourish Bits" set behind the photo mat. I also used the same technique on this flourish as with the other one. To color the "Marianne's Butterfly," I mixed a bunch of different shades of watercolor paint to get a color that would match my papers. The lacy flower at the top is from "Gigi's Flowers." I left this painted with just gesso.


2Crafty Products used on this layout:
Mini Word Set 1
Mini Flourish Bits
Lacy Border Set 1
Marianne's Butterflies
Addy's Butterflies
Gigi's Flowers.


Thank you so much for stopping by to look at my pages. 
I hope I've given you some ideas for using the awesome 2Crafty chipboard!