Saturday, August 8, 2015

August Inspiration Share By Beck BT

"Those Eyes That Smile"

Hi, it's Beck Beattie here with my August inspiration shares
I'm really having fun with my chipboard and can't wait to show you my latest creations!  
 
I really had fun using the chipboard in some different ways once again.

For my title I simply coloured using a Faber-Castell Pitt Artist Big Brush pen. 
 These have great coverage on chipboard and take no time at all.   


I added some metallic colour with various DecoArt Metallic lustres


To contrast against the gears I simply coloured the chevron pieces in black


I love the way the use of the chipboard in different ways 
really adds interest to the overall look.  
 
   2Crafty Chipboards Used:
  Giant Gears 
Mini Sampler Pack 1
 Those Eyes That Smile - Title
  


 


"Caution Cute kids at Play"

For my second layout, I once again had fun with the chipboard in some different ways.
I love how the chipboard pieces create a beautiful feature to this page.

I really wanted a brighter colour for my title than if I simply coloured it directly.  
To bring out the blue colour more, I first applied a coat of gesso, and then
 used my blue marker to colour it.  This is the chipboard piece half coloured
 so that you can see the process.


I also added some silver metallic rub over the top for some added interest.


I coloured the 2015 in black to contrast against the mixed
 media background simply with a marker.


I just adore the square collage panel and I used it to stencil the pattern into the
 background of my page with texture paste.  I also added some metallic rub
 and white embossing powder to accent it further.


2Crafty Chipboards Used:
  Caution Cute kids at play
Bag of 2015
Square collage panel



 

I hope you enjoyed my first share this month on the 2Crafty blog!

Happy Crafting
xxx Beck BT
 
Photobucket