Saturday, July 12, 2014

Sarah Groen's last 2Crafty post

Sadly my design team turn at 2Crafty has come to an end and this will be
 my last post  for the 2Crafty blog.
 I have really enjoyed my time on this awesome team and hae loved using
 2Crafty chipboard on my pages. 

"Somewhere Over the Rainbow"

The first page that I would like to share with you today is a multi-photo layout that I have titled 'Somewhere over the Rainbow'. We had the most incredible rainbow over our city last week and I just had to stop my car and take a photo through the window of it. On the same day I had taken photos with my i-phone of my youngest kiddies on their way to school - walking in their new rain gear. It seemed logical to pair the photos together onto one page.
The 2Crafty products that I have used here are:
  • 'Somewhere Over the Rainbow' title piece
  • Chevron bits
  • Assorted Arrows
  • Clouds
  • butterflies


I painted the cloud with white acrylic paint, inked the edges and stamped with
 a script stamp to add a little interest to the flat white colour. 


The chevron bits and arrows are two of the most versatile 2Crafty products.
 They can be added to almost any page for a little extra detail and interest. I
simply painted these black using a paint dauber.


I have had the title piece 'Somewhere over the Rainbow' in my stash for quite a while now. This page seemed a great fit for it. I really love these ready cut titles - they are so easy to add to complete a page and they look sensational. Again I painted this one with black acrylic paint. 


The cute 2Crafty butterflies make a great embellishment to a wide variety of pages. I have used gelato pens to colour this one. First I coloured the entire piece with a yellow gelato, then I wet my checkerboard background stamp and coloured the stamp with a silver/grey gelato. I pressed the stamp directly onto the butterfly resulting in this cool 2-tone effect.



My second page 'Tennis Anyone' is a little different from my usual style but I really
like how it turned out.
 Again I wanted to showcase several photos that I took at a recent tennis
 tournament that my young children Sophie and Benji participated in.


"Tennis Anyone"

Here are the 2Crafty products that I used on this page:
  • Polaroid Frame
  • Chevron bits
  • Oversized film strip


I painted the oversized film strip with white distress paint then when it was dry I inked the edges and adhered black cardstock behind the 'windows'.
 I painted the chevron bits with black acrylic paint and adhered them to the frame
for interest and added dimension.




The polaroid frames are another favourite of mine. They are so versatile and easy to use.
 I coloured this one with an aqua gelato pen and inked the edges.
 A sticker and some mini-alphas completed the look.



My last page you will already have seen if you follow my blog or play along
with 'Scrap 365's' challenges. I based it on the April sketch challenge and was lucky
 enough to win a guest design spot with it.


"These are the Days"




I created the background effect by spraying two colours of ink onto a plastic supermarket bag. I scrunched up the bag a little to spread and blend the inks then laid my white cardstock directly down on top of the bag and pressed it down using a rolling pin. The result is this patchy, water-colour effect. I added some grey stars by spraying through a mask and, ofcourse, some randon ink splats.

The 2Crafty products on this page are:
  • 'These are the Days' title 
  • circular borders
I colored the title blue using embossing powder and heat embossing.
 I inked the edges to add definition. 


I painted the circular border with black acrylic paint. I love to paint chipboard black as it really gives the page 'depth' and as black is a neutral colour it blends in well with most pages.
Here are a couple more close-ups so that you can see the details and read the journaling easier. 




Well thats it from me. I hope that I have been able to inspire you over my time at 2crafty and
 that you will continue to use and support this amazing product.
A huge thankyou to Vanessa for this fantastic opportunity and to all the other ladies
 on this awesome design team - thanks for your friendship and I will continue look out
 for your creations in cyberspace. "

  
  And remember, to find a 2Crafty stockist near you, drop an email to...
salesat2crafty@optusnet.com.au
 


Photobucket