Saturday, October 19, 2013

October Inspiration by Keren Tamir


It feels like its been a while since I've posted on the 2Crafty blog 
and yet another month is upon us and I'm really happy to be 
part of this amazing team!!

"Today"



In the next few months, 2 Crafty is sponsoring  Scrap Around The World 
and this month, the team got a chance to be a guest designer on their
 blog and create a layout using their sketch and mood board.


Since I'm on both Design Teams, I decided to create a special layout this
 month inspired by the sketch and the October Mood board.

This is the October Mood Board & optional  sketch. 


I got inspired by the blue hues, the chevrons and the flowers.


These are the 2 Crafty Chipboard pieces I used:
Today-Loopy Font: I primed it in gesso and inked it in teal chalk ink.
Chevron Bits: I covered them in 9th Wave paper
Frame2-Etched; I primed it in gesso and then painted it in teal
 Shimmerz paint and then dabbed it in 
Teal me no Lies Texturez



Hope you come and play with us this month at 


<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>

"You and Me"


This is a bright, colorful page of my daughter and I. I used lots of 
different mediums and textures to create it!!


As you can see, I used 2Crafty's Tiny leaf Stems right in between the
 flowers. I simply inked them in black fluid chalk.


I also used two types of 2Crafty frames on this layout. However,
 I didn't use them to frame a picture, rather I used them to
 create my layered background. I cut the large postage stamp frame 
and spread it on two opposite ends of the page. I also layered with
 the small postage stamp frame set. I tried to create different textures 
on each of the frames and inside of them to add interesting
 details to the layout.


<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>


"Smile"

This layout was created last month for 13 Arts. I used many
 13 Arts mediums to create the background.


I love using the loopy font titles on my layout. I used the Smile title
 on this one. They just fit perfectly on every layout, especially the ones
 that are heavily embellished and that don't have a lot of room for big titles.


I really love the Avery vines I used on this layout. I simply 
kept them white after priming them with gesso.





I also used the Scallop Circle Buntings. They look like banners
 but I used them instead as doily layers on the page.



Hope you enjoyed yourself browsing through the 2 Crafty blog today!!


Have a fantastic day!!

Keren

http://kerentamir.blogspot.ca


Photobucket