Thursday, April 18, 2013

Cards for April with Jane Clark

Hi everyone, Jane here again.
 I have two vintage inspired cards to share today, a male theme one
and a sewing theme, hope you like them.

Hot Air Balloon Card


I coloured one of the  Hot Air Balloon with my Prisma coloured pencils,
 yes and I’m going to say it again....this is one of my favourite ways to colour
2Crafty chipboard.
 I just love how they blend and retain their strong colours!
This time I wanted a more vintage look to the colours so I went over the
 top in a hatch pattern using a dark brown pencil, it’s a great way to
 dirty up the colours!
You may not see it in the pictures but the Birthday Sentiment words
 and basket look like wood.

 
 
Friends Card

I love these delicate Tiny Kathleens frames, I’ve been wanting to create
 with them for ages.
They are just adorable and are the perfect size for stamping a small
 sentiment on the solid centre oval piece.
 I coloured the oval piece with Brilliance moonlight white ink then stamped
 a Kaisercraft sentiment over the top with Memento rich cocoa ink. The outer
ornate frame I coloured using my gold Krylon pen, the buttons were coloured with
 Distress inks and a slight shade was given to a mini ruler using the Memento
 desert sand.
 I love creating small clusters on cards with delicate embellishments, so pretty!
Why not try creating a card using small pieces of chipboard and see
what combination you can come up with!
 Thanks for looking, happy creating,
 Jane xx
 
 
Photobucket