Monday, March 4, 2013

March Madness - Fiona Johnstone


Hello everyone

Today I am sharing layouts all a little bit different. First up is Cheeky Grin, a pic of my boy Zane, who looks quite angelic here but he was really up to some mischief. 



On this layout I have used some cool 2Crafty chippy for "boy" layouts. I'm certainly all for flowers on boy pages, but I wanted this one to be more urban. I LOVE these cute cogs and gears. The large gears which will be released soon!!

To create the effect on these gears I have used a combination of copper ink, silver metallic paint which I have applied randomly. The paint was then rubbed while still wet and then some black gelatos and ink used to dull the shine.





My Cheeky Grin title was also a special request. It has been painted with metallic silver paint, rubbed while wet then edged and lightly wiped right across it in black ink and some dabs of the copper ink to finish it off.


The cogs have been painted in metallic silver and then swiped with some black in, but left shiny. I also have some of the fencing wire panel tucked under my layout. This I have inked in copper just randomly so some bits are still showing raw.



My next layout I have used an imprompt family shot, that was taken on no special occassion, a just because we happened to have the camera handy and my Mum took a couple of pics.  I am so thankful to have these two beautiful kids of mine.


I have used quite a few chipboard pieces on this one; thankful title, the locket from the Love Keys set, a lamp post, one clock from the clock frames set and a corner rosie.


The title & locket I have covered in gesso first, then used gelatos to colour them in. They are so easy to use and give a lovely blended colour, you can see particularly on the locket the darker edge and lighter centre.



The clock frame and the corner rosie I have covered in white crackle paint. The corner piece has been then rubbed over with the gelato, going darker in some places and lighter in others to tie in with my title and locket.


The clock frame I have left white.
The lamp post was inked then embossed. Then I have rubbed the embossing off in places and roughly inked with some distress ink, added some stickles to the light part and tied some mauve roses around the post. 


My final layout you may have already seen, as it was for 2Craftys guest month over at CSI. I have used the new Just the 3 of Us title, branch with bird, birdcage1, scallop circle border frames and a name plate from the corners and name plate set.


I've gotten out the gelatos again for this layout. The branch with bird and the birdcage have been covered in black gesso. I have then coloured the berries and shaded the bird with red and pink gelatos. The branches were lightened with a grey gelato and the leaves left black. 


I have just added some pearls to the base of the birdcage and hung it from the branch with some twine.

My title I have used white gesso, inked in light pink ink then dabbed with some gesso. My frame is inked and then stamped with some light pink ink.


That's it for me for this month, see you next month!! 

Fiona
x

Photobucket