Saturday, March 9, 2013

March Guest Designer - Melinda Thompson

 

Hello everyone! It's Melinda Thompson with you today sharing my
 2nd project as Guest Designer for 2Crafty Chipboard.
 
"Captured Moments"
 

This month I have used the fun Hexagon shape chipboard - geometric shapes in scrapbooking are all the rage at the moment so I love the effect of scattering them around my layout. In this instance I have covered them with coordinating paper and gave them a rub over with some Shimmerz and TA Glimmer Glam using my finger. 


Next I have used the gorgeous Captured Moments Title which I have layered on top of my flower cluster.  I firstly primed the chipboard with Gesso and then while it was still wet I sprinkled some blue embossing powder randomly over the chipboard and using my heat gun, I heated it until little bubbles formed.  After this had cooled and dried, I swiped some Pan Pastels in Aqua over the embossed areas to deepen the colour and effect of the embossing.


Love this cute little Birdcage that I received and couldn't help but give it a shabby look.  Primed it with Gesso first and then using the same techniques as I did with the hexagon, I rubbed over with my finger some Shimmerz and TA Glimmer Glam and added a little bling to the birdie.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by.  You can see more of my work at www.minseverydaymoments.blogspot.com
 
 
Photobucket