Monday, March 25, 2013

Elena's March Projects

Hello everyone, Elena  here with you today, and I cannot wait to share 
 some of my projects made during this very busy month.
The First is a Layout made with lots of fussy cutting...
 
 
I decided to challenge myself and to try something new for me. 
So no paints, just papers and chipboard.
But I used paints on my chipboard.
 
 
I covered a Doily Frame with Gesso, then I mixed Gesso with 
mica from Lindy's Stamp Gang, and applied this mixture on the chippie.
  Next I sprinkled some mica on the doily while the paint was still wet
 and heated it  with my heat tool.
 I topped the circle base from the frame with the patterned paper,
 and added the doily on the top of it.
It helped me to have some dimension and to hide the vines edges.
The same technique was used on 
French Lace Border.
 
 
 I cut it into two parts.
 The first one I painted and sprinkled the mica
 and I've just painted 
Elise Dress Form 
with the mixture of Gesso and mica.
 
 
After it had dried I applied some Stickles on it.
  I left a tiny part of the border unpainted.
 
 
My second Layout I made for my scrappy friend. She sent me
 a photo of herself  with her hubby. 



I have used a


Let me see, what I have used there. I prepared it about a month 
ago for another project , but was not pleased with the result,
 so I altered it completely several times.
First I primed it with Gesso, then I applied about 3 different
 colors of acrylic paint. The next step was adding beaded texture paste
 mixed with purple paint. It was so bright that I misted it with Lindy's
 Starburst Two Tones Spray. Next up I added some blue acrylic paint and 
finally inked the edges with chalk ink.


To follow the Love theme I added the swirl from
Adornment Set 1
It reminds me of  wings, doesn't it?
 
 
I painted it with pale blue paint, and for the wings -
 I added some Sorbet and chalked the edges.
 
 
  I cut the Corner Heart Spray and placed the other part under the photo.
 
This time I was busy with making cards, so here they are...
 

I made this Card for the March Love Challenge over at Flourish With a Bling.
 I used the Love Flourish, painted and decorated with microbeads
and FWAB rhinestones.


One more card  made for Manor House Creations  using one of my favorite
Frame Tiny Kathlynn's
these are so good for cards.
 

I have just covered it slightly with White Crackle paint,
 as I wanted it to have a shabby look.
 
 
Thank you for stopping by today.
 
Elena
 
Photobucket