Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Love is in the air- by Keren Tamir

"Key to my Heart"


As its the month of February I thought it would be appropriate to make my layouts related to the theme of love. The first layout is about the 3 people that hold the Key to my Heart. My husband and kids light up my life and make each and every day brighter!! This is a layout dedicated to them!!


First I used the Edith's Frame. I covered the frame with thin strips from the background paper. Then I covered it with crackle gel and edged it in black. It looks as if the frame is made out of wood.

Frame Edith's (unit of 3)


To make this effect, I dripped some gesso thickly under the picture and then painted it with 2 shades of Pink Shimmerz. I also rolled the edges of the paper to make it look like rolled bark from a tree. I love this effect on the paper it almost looks real. Then I glued some Design Elements swirls around the framed paper.

Design Elements (unit of 3)


I dripped some white Calico mist under the title and tinted it with Shimmerz. The Key to my heart title was painted in Gesso and then tinted it in pink again.

Key to my Heart (unit of 3)



"LOVE: My Heart Belongs to you"


For both these layouts I used the 13 Arts Papers "All is Love" as they were the perfect fit for the theme of Love. I used the Corner Heart Spray which I cut into smaller pieces. I covered it in thick gesso and stamped it with a rough patterned stamp. Then I sprayed it in bright pink Shimmerz.

Corner Heart Spray (unit of 3)



I framed the picture with the Frame Love Hearts I simply covered it in gesso and then used yellow spray as paint.

Frame Love Hearts (unit of 3)


Finally I used the Love title with the same technique as the frame.

Love-Script (units of 3)


The last layout, I desgined for CSI File #58 as a GD this month as 2 Crafty was sponsoring their site.

"Life's Good"


I used the chicken wire panel and the title Life's good

Hope you enjoyed my creations and you come to visit me on my blog

Have a great day
Keren



Photobucket