Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Merry Christmas - Elena's Post

I want to start my Christmas post by saying
MERRY CHRISTMAS to all of you.
I hope you enjoy your holidays. I'm here with you today
 to show you my Christmas projects.
This time I decided to try something new and to challenge 
myself with some OTP projects, so here they are.
My first project is a set of Christmas tags for my darling daughter 
who demands me to be creative and prepare something new for
 her every  year.  I didn't want to make a simple Christmas Card
 so I thought I would  make some tags for her instead.
 
When I received my recent package of 2Crafty Chippies,
 she looked through them and told me,
 ''I want this, that and that one in one card". It was a little difficult 
 to combine all 3 large chippies in one place, so I have managed
 to make 3 different tags for her.
 
I decided to use acrylic sheets from Clear Scraps  to achieve some
 transparency.  I love it when I see frosty trees outside .
 
 I primed Fir Xmas Tree with Gesso , then I stamped it with Crystals
 Antiquites Embosssing powder and misted it with some Starburst inks.
After that I added some bling, stars and added some
 sprinkles of white acrylic paint
I glued it on to the acrylic sheet and here you can
 see the back side of the tag.
 
 
I didn't change the back side of the chipboard as I wanted to add 
some warm kraft color to the set.
For the next tag I used Prancing Reindeers
I used the same techniques on the 2 pieces of chipboard
 that come in the pack.
 
and the smaller one......
 
Next project is a shadow box.
 (Keep in mind I had a task to use almost all Christmas
 themed chippies for my DD decorations)
So I used another tree there  - Retro Xmas Tree
 
I painted it with Green acrylic paint, covered it with texture paste,
 daubed it with red ink and golden gouache, and added some
 pearls and beaded thread to decorate the tree.
I didn't want to much painting, as the papers from Meg's Garden are
 very bright on their own. So I came back with heat embossing on my 
next chipboard pieces.
 
 
I added texture paste on Mini Santa's Sleigh and embossed it with 
Aged Mahagony and Golden embossing Distress powders.
  I just covered the Fine Snowflake with golden gouache and
 decorated it with the flower.
 
  The last project that I traditionally share with you is made for
 Manor House Creations.
It is a Christmas Wreath.
 
I used my  favorite fabric there - linen,
then added many flowers and Corner Whispy Vines
 
 
I have misted  these  with shimmers and covered them
slightly with gesso.
The same technique was used on Ornament Sampler
 
I hope you have enjoyed  my Christmas post and I wish you
Merry and bright holidays.
To find more inspiration with 2Crafty chipboard 
you are welcome to visit  my blog.
Photobucket