Thursday, September 13, 2012

Lovin' the NEW Release Chipboard
By Di Garling


Hello & happy Thursday 2 Crafty fans. Thanks so much for calling by.
Today it is my turn up on the blog & I have a few NEW pieces of yummy
chipboard to show you. For my first layout, "Bee Happy"
I have used some of the NEW release
1" Hexagons
These come in two sizes, the ones I have used here are the smalls.
All I have done with them is simply covered them with two 
different patterns of Washi Tape & wiped a little black ink 
around the edges.
Just to add a little definition. Too easy.



         







If you look closely in this pic you will see I have also stamped some more
Hexagons, in black ink & then wiped some pink ink over the top to
 create some different shades of pink. 
Next up I cut them out & then added them to my page to keep
 with the theme.


The next NEW piece of 2 Crafty chipboard I used was this cute umberella.
This is from the "Rainy Day Pack" & I have saved the other bits to
 use on another page at a later date.
I have simply painted it in acrylic paint, misted when dry to create a little shimmer
& then finished off some detail with a black Gel Pen.


The last piece of 2 Crafty chipboard on this layout is this sweet little
 Birdcage1. 
These are only small, made for cards & ATC's actually, but I 
love adding them into my clusters. They even come with a tiny bird too.

All my beautiful flowers & the lovely spotty bow
 I have used here are from Green Tara of course.


For my next project I am using a NEW 2 Crafty 
 "Painters Tray".
 It hasn't actually been released yet so I was very fortunate to
get a hold of it. Every job has to have some perks,
don't you all agree girls?
I have coated it quite heavily in a Viva "Crackle " paint,
then painted over that with the black until I was happy with my finish.
All the lovely crackling shows through.
Unfortunately in the photos, you cannot see how well it came up.
 Being black makes it even harder to see too. Sorry!!!


This "Painers Tray" would look lovely hanging on a wall or simply sitting
on a stand like I have done here.
It will accomodate several photos but I have stuck to just two.
I have also  used a sweet little
 2 Crafty Tahnya's 6"  Flourish running down the middle
to add some extra detail. It is so fine, so pretty.
Just the perfect accent.



The next 2 Crafty chippies I used were these Mini Words which were just the perfect size for my project & I added a   Tiny Kathleen's  Frame
to highlight the word "love". I have simply painted everything in black to add
 contrast to the photos, background paper & flowers.


To finish my Painters Tray off & to complete my  flower clusters,
I have used yet another gorgeous piece of 2 Crafty chipppie, this time it is
Heidi's Vines. I have wiped them over quite heavily with Gesso to create some
realistic texture  on the  leaves. Next I simply painted them with a metallic paint
& then finished off with a little inking.


Once again all my lovely flowers & the spotty bow are from Green Tara.


My last layout
"Precious"


This layout is one I did a month ago for a challenge, so you may have
 already seen it.  As usual I have used
lots of beautiful 2 Crafty chippies.


Firstly for my title I have used another of those great little Mini Words 
 I spoke about earlier & I have placed it in a beautiful 2 Crafty chippie


I have given it a coat of Tim Holtz Distress "Crackle Paint" in Antique Linen.
When dried & cracked I simply wiped a little Gesso over the top.


The next chippie pieces I used was a  2 Crafty
Both of these pieces I simply cut into several pieces.
Next I applied some Gesso with my finger in a random fashion.
I poked the Cherry Blossom in here & there on both 
sides of my Flower Cluster.
The flowers just set this Cherry Blossom off.


After applying Gesso to the chippy chicken wire, I scrunch it up a little
in my hand, put some glue on it & just poke it in here & there 
around my cluster. Just pads the cluster & creates some lovely texture.

I hope I have inspired you to get some fabulous 2 Crafty chipboard
 & have a play on your next project.
At my shop at 
Di's Scrapbooks The Entrance NSW Australia 
we sell loads of 2 Crafty Chipboard.

Well that just about wraps it up for me.
Don't forget, while you are here, make sure you become one of our
"FOLLOWERS", over on the right sidebar, & don't forget to come over
& "FOLLOW" us on FACEBOOK too. That way you won't miss anything.
Di Garling  xo