Tuesday, February 7, 2012

DT Introduction - Di Garling

 Hi everyone, my name is Di Garling & I live on the sunny Central Coast of NSW. I have been married to my best friend Chris,  for more years than I care to think about. I have two grown up sons, Beau & Kale & a little fat Staffy dog called Poppy, who we all totally spoil. I also own a Scrapbook Shop called Di's Scrapbooks which I started up in June 2006 at a beachside suburb on The Central Coast at a place called  The Entrance. A great place to hang out at & work everyday. I do a lot of the design work for my shop as well as teach both Scrapbooking & Cardmaking. It keeps me pretty busy & I love it.
I am Design Team Co ordinator for Green Tara who wholesale Flowers, ribbons etc. I have also recently joined the Creative Team over at "Kraft It Up" which for those of you that are not familiar with it, is a challenge blog. Now I am very lucky to join Vanessa & her talented team of girls here at "2 Crafty".
I am so happy to share this, my first layout for the 2 Crafty Design Team with you. My style is very "busy" I don't do minimalistic, I have tried, but it just isn't me. I so enjoy the journey of creating a layout that I don't want to cut that enjoyment short. I love lots of layering & textures & lots of details. The more the better!! Chipboard has always been my favourite, must have product. I just love the way it adds dimension to a page.
Here I have used the "Captured Moments" word which I painted first in white acrylic paint & when dry I simply sponged a turquoise ink on the top half, making sure to blend it nicely so as not to get a definite line, but rather a soft graduation of colour.
On my layout I have also used this beautiful a "Cartia's Swirl" flourish. I so love this beautiful piece, so fine & delicate. Here I have again simply painted it with white acrylic paint & when dry I simply dabbed some turquoise Stickles on in a "hit & miss" fashion. Not too much. Sometimes the simplest way can still look effective. Thanks for stopping by, I hope I have given you a little inspiration & perhaps some ideas for using this fabulous 2 Crafty chipboard. Until next time.    Cheers Di  xo