Thursday, December 22, 2011

Starting Early - Kerryn

Today I have a mixture of older 2Crafty chipboard and some of the very latest new releases to share with you, the new 2Crafty chipboard is so new, they are yet to be added to the site. But I am sure Vanessa will be glad to receive your inquiries.

Starting with the old, I have put the negative circles left over from the 12 inch Circle Border chipboard to work, creating a simple embellishment to add to my page.

Using a little glue in the middle to start, put the end of the twine in the glue.
After a few seconds of drying time, add a little more glue and start winding the string around. Once you have covered the chipboard, cut your twine and pop a gem or jewel in the centre.
And Tada!

Photobucket

The next two pieces of chippie are new.

The scrolled book plate has been inked black first, then I have measured and cut a piece of kraft cardstock to cover the plate so I can use it as my journal tag. I have brushed the scroll parts of the chipboard with gold ink pad to finish it off.

Photobucket

The 2 layered butterfly is simply divine!! I have covered the base of the butterfly with patterned paper and inked the edges. The silhouette layer has been coated with gold stickles and then covered in Glossy Accents to give it a glass finish.

Photobucket

And here is the finished page featuring my gorgeous Great Niece, boy that makes me sound old LOL!

Photobucket

Thanks for dropping into the blog!