Monday, November 28, 2011

Scaring the villagers

Evening everyone!

This past weekend I have managed to do loads of scrapping and it makes this little duck, one happy girl. And guess what I had sitting on the top of my supply pile, ready to be used first? More of the latest released 2Crafty chipboard.

I decided to start with some of my Halloween photos taken this year. I grabbed the bats from the Broomstick Witch and some gorgeous ghosts and went to work. Sorry I can't find the link for the ghost but I'm sure Vanessa will answer any inquiries.

I painted the bats white first and then applied black Distress Crackle Paint. The white base can be seen through the cracks. Once they were dry, I added some Glossy accents for a nice shiny finish. To finish them off I went around the edges of the bats with a black marker to darken all the edges.

The ghosts were covered with Crystallina Kindy Glitz and allowed to dry, then I applied a thick coat of Rock Candy Crackle Paint. The thicker you apply the bigger the cracks. The ghost actually look like they are shedding skin, very cool.

Photobucket

Photobucket

As you can see from the photos, the boys had a ball visiting the retirees from my Mum's retirement village.

Photobucket

Thanks for dropping in to the blog, don't forget to 'like' our new facebook page.