Friday, September 24, 2010

You - Ariel's Spray + Alphas - Michelle

For those who know me, you'll know I have two boys...two very "boy" boys, so this girly layout thing, is still something I am getting used to, and playing around with. The fact that come Christmas time I will have eight nieces (yes, you read correctly), has nothing to do with it LOL !!! Well, maybe a little...


Ariel's Spray is a gorgeous piece that will look great on any layout, but seems to work so well on girly projects. It's flourish is elegant, a very nice size for the 12x12 page, and compliments other embellishments (such as these Prima flowers) so very well !


I have used the new lower case alphas on this layout, and whilst mine is not as elaborate, I have taken inspiration from Kerryn's last project, trying to give depth to the alphas. I have glimmermisted the alphas and spray in "Sunshine", and then inked in the deeper colour of "topaz" !


Thanks for the inspiration Kerryn ! Hope this has inspired some of you out there as well !
Don't forget the 2Crafty Colour Combo Challenge - not many days left ! Entries due by the end of the month. Good luck and Happy Scrapping !