Hi all you beautiful 2Crafty lovers!!
Today I'm sharing a layout that I hope gives the vibe of being out in the country on a bright sunny day. I have always lived in the suburbs, but I have family that lives in the country. We had so much fun visiting them when I was growing up. It's a much simpler life, happy and grateful.
shine bright
As always, I first coated all the chipboard with Gesso before altering. This time I used White Gesso.
I used the Squares panel under the photo running gate length of the layout. Actually I used 2 of them. The first one I painted with Light Blue Acrylic Paint with a little bit of Titanium White to lighten it up. Well, when I laid it out on the layout, there was just too much blue and not enough contrast with the colors.
So, I painted another one with Unbleached Titanium and a little bit of Titanium White Acrylic Paint. I thought, ok, now I've got 2 of them, what to do? I decided to use both of them, stacking them, using the blue one to kind of create a shadow under the beige one.
Here's the bottom of the Squares. You can see just a hint of the blue one underneath. You know, it really ticks me off when I have this great idea, paint the chipboard, and it doesn't work. That was the case here. But I hate to waste chipboard just because I screwed up the color, and who knows if I will make another layout that calls for that color. So this is what I came up with so as to not waste the piece.
ok, rant over!
On top of the Squares I places a few of the hearts from the ATC Tine Hearts & Stars. I used these to get my blue in!! You know, since I needed it! Because of the aforementioned blunder! Sorry. I painted these with Nautical Chalk Paint. I think using them on top of the beige Squares is much better than a solid blue. Also adds interest and luv!
The title Shine Bright just exemplifies her expression! Have you ever seen a happier smile? This was painted with Titanium White Acrylic Paint because again, I needed contrast. I tried to spread the blue, yellow, white and green all around this layout so that not just one color dominated any particular area.
Well, I hope you forgive me for going on about my frustrating process creating this layout. We all experience this at some time or another or we wouldn't be scrapbookers, right? I guess what matters in the end is if we are happy with how we resolved the issues. Lemonade out of lemons, and all that.
I'll be back in a few weeks with another layout that hopefully goes smoother, haha! Until then
xx





