Tuesday, September 1, 2026

"Selfies"
Layout by Marie Sabatier

Hello everyone,

For my first September inspiration, I created a layout featuring three selfies of my granddaughter Mia and me. These are precious moments that I love to capture and treasure. To complement these fun photos, I chose the Party Banner Border, the Decorative Circle Accents Set 1, and the Selfies title, as they perfectly matched the happy and spontaneous feel of our pictures.

"Selfies"


2Crafty Chipboard used:



As always, I began by applying a thin coat of white gesso to all the chipboard pieces to prepare the surface before adding color.

I placed the Party Banner Border beneath the photos to highlight the entire composition. I colored the individual banners with 49 and Market inks in Sunrise, Pineapple, and Twilight, then covered them with Tattered Rose Distress Oxide to soften the shades.


Next, I cut one piece from the Decorative Circle Accents Set 1 into two sections. I tucked one half above the photos and the other beneath the title. Repeating the same design in two different areas helped bring balance to the layout.


Here is a closer look at the Party Banner Border and its lovely mix of soft colors. I applied the inks lightly to avoid covering the delicate engraved details of the chipboard.


Finally, the Selfies title was the perfect choice for this series of photos. I colored it with Stormy Sky and Faded Jeans Distress Oxide inks, blending the two shades of blue to add more depth.

I hope this joyful layout inspires you.

See you soon!


Marie