Hello everyone,
I'm happy to be back today to share my second inspiration for the month of July with you.
For this layout, I used the beautiful Glimmer and Glee collection from 49 and Market to document my granddaughter celebrating her birthday with her younger brother by her side. The soft colours of this collection were the perfect match for such a joyful celebration, while the 2Crafty Chipboard pieces added just the right amount of texture and elegance to the design.
"Happy Birthday"
2Crafty Chipboard used:
As always, I started by applying a coat of white gesso to all of my chipboard pieces. Once dry, I blended Distress Oxide Frayed Burlap over the surface to create a soft, vintage finish. I then added subtle touches of 49 and Market inks to coordinate with the papers and flowers, before finishing everything with a light dry brush of white gesso to soften the colours even more.
To frame my photos, I chose the Love You Balloons. I coloured each balloon in soft pastel shades so they would blend beautifully with the collection while adding a festive feel to the page. Positioned on either side of the layout, they naturally draw the eye towards the photos.
To enhance the floral cluster, I tucked the Leafy Twig Branches underneath the flowers. Their delicate design extends the composition beautifully, adding movement and depth without taking attention away from the photos. A few subtle layers of colour were all they needed to complement the soft palette of the collection.
To finish my page, I used several words from the Card Word Set 1 to create the title and balance the overall design. I love how versatile this set is, making it easy to find just the right sentiment for any project while remaining elegant and understated.
Thank you so much for stopping by today.
I hope this layout inspires you to create with these beautiful 2Crafty Chipboard designs.
Happy crafting!





