Monday, August 19, 2024

Busy doing absolutely Nothing ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone! Robin here, back again to share some inspiration from 2Crafty!

You know, in this fast paced world, it's good to take breaks and regroup.
 I do it all the time! I'm  busy doing absolutely nothing every chance I get!
I love this title, it speaks to me! Haha!


"Busy doing absolutely Nothing"


Fabulous 2Crafty chipboard used here:

Doily Disc Set 1

French Lace Border

Busy doing absolutely Nothing

Berry Branch


At the risk of sounding redundant, prep those chippies!


On top of the photo, I cut and placed the French Lace Border. I painted it with a mix of Hookers Green, Burnt Umber and White Acrylic Paint. I am a big fan of mixing different colors so you get the right shade. Case in point, I wanted this piece to be the same color of green as the green lace beneath the photo. Nailed it!


I cut up the Berry Branch and tucked in a piece of it on the left side, under the large brown rose . I painted the stems with Raw Umber Acrylic Paint, then painted the berries with Ultimate Pearlized Top Coat from Smooch. 


Here on the right, under the second large brown rose, I tucked in another piece of the Berry Branch to complete this side.

I used the smallest of the Doily Disc Set next to the flower to hold the ampersand. I painted it with the same mixture as the French Lac Border


And then that fabulous title!! Busy doing absolutely Nothing was painted with White Acrylic Paint and placed directly on the photo to really stand out.


Hope you all take some "me" time and do absolutely nothing now and then. I's good for the soul!

xx