Tuesday, September 5, 2023

dream A LITTLE DREAM ~ by Robin Schelin

Hi everyone, Robin here back again to share some wonderful 2Crafty beautifulness!

Today I'm featuring a layout of a cute pouty little girl. She has the most amazing color hair!  I planned the whole layout around the color of her hair. I try to always use paper, embellishments, and color schemes to compliment the photo. Think I nailed it here!


"dream A LITTLE DREAM"




2Crafty chippies I used:

Fine Leafy Bush
Fine Flower Adornment Set 1
dream A LITTLE DREAM
Squiggly Circle Arrow Journaling Spots
Circular Border
BeeYOUtiful Set

   

As always, a good coating of Gesso before starting to alter the chipboard.



Up top you can see the Circular Border. It runs all the way down the page behind the photo. I painted it with white Acrylic Paint. 

Also here is one of the honeycomb pieces from the BeeYOUtiful  Set at the right of the photo. Painted with white Acrylic Paint as well.


Along the left of the photo is the amazing Fine Flower Adornment Set 1. This is the most delicate, gorgeous piece of chipboard! Love It! I painted it with a mixture of Raw Sienna and Cadmium Orange Hue Acrylic Paint. I cut out petals from another piece of paper in this particular collection using the chipboard as a guide and placed them a little "off" underneath the petals of the piece.

Tucked in the flowers is another one of the honeycomb pieces .


For the title dream A LITTLE DREAM, I kept it very simple. I painted the large word "dream" with the same color paint as the Fine Flower Adornment Set 1. Then I painted "A LITTLE DREAM" with white Acrylic Paint for contrast.

Above the flowers is a little piece of the top of the Fine Flower Adornment Set 1 that I cut off, because it wouldn't be seen as the flowers covered it, and placed it here. 


Isn't this the cutest thing ever?? I LOVE this little arrow from the Squiggly Circle Arrow Journaling Spots! I used it here to point to the title with a little sentiment kind of speaking to her pouty little face. I also painted this with white Acrylic Paint. (Looking at it after I finished it, I probably should have painted it with the same color as the Fine Leafy Bush instead of white. Would have shown up better oh well...)

 I cut off a very, very small piece from the Fine Leafy Bush and placed it here with the flowers to balance with the Fine Flower Adornment Set 1.


Hope you like this and that it has inspired you to take colors from your photo for your layouts. 

See you in a couple of weeks. until then the care, be safe and craft on!