Tuesday, May 23, 2023

A Home is not a home without a Dog - By Robin Schelin

 Hi everyone! Welcome to the 2Crafty Blog.
Glad you stopped by.

Today I am sharing a very Pink layout with you of this little sweetie pie.
I love this little dog! She's not spoiled much... yeah, right! She is totally the Queen of the house, and she lets everybody know it! This layout suits her perfectly!


"A Home is not a home without a Dog"


Beautiful 2Crafty used:

Frame Jenna

Flower Doilies

Charlotte Flowers

A Home is not a home without a Dog


I usually use white Gesso to seal my chipboard, but this time I used black. I wanted the pinks to be deeper in color, so the black Gesso was a better base.

Up top behind the photo is the Frame Jenna.  I love how swirly this piece is, so girly! I painted it with Black Acrylic Paint, leaving the little swirls at the top painted with Rose Pink Acrylic Paint just to add a little more pizzazz.


Under the photo on the left, I placed one of the Flower Doilies. I painted it with Rose Pink Acrylic Paint, then dabbed a little white Gesso over it to soften it up.

Underneath the flower cluster I added one of the Charlotte Flowers, painted with Black Acrylic Paint just to add a little pop of black.


Here are 2 more of the Charlotte Flowers under the flowers on the right. I used them here, as well as on the left to get that pop of black. I decided to use pops of black throughout the layout because of the bow in her hair, and because of her features. 


The title, A Home is not a home without a Dog, is perfect! My sentiments exactly! We've have had a dog in our family as far back as I can remember, and I wouldn't have it any other way! 

I painted the title with Black Acrylic Paint, except for the word "Dog" which I painted with Rose Pink Acrylic Paint. I wanted the title to stand out and also it brings the black full circle, balancing out the colors. It also works well with the black in the butterflies. I added a little bling along the side of the "D" in Dog because she is all bout the bling!!

Between the flower and the title, I placed the little swirls I cut off the Frame Jenna. That part of the piece wasn't going to be seen so I cut it off, painted it with Rose Pink and I placed it here to add a little more girly girly, because there just wasn't enough!! Haha!


I hope you like this layout, and it has inspired you to scrap your little drama Queens (or Kings)! I would love to see them!

 Until next time...