Monday, October 24, 2022

"gorgeous" ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hello everyone!

Welcome to the fabulous 2Crafty Blog.

Today I am sharing my last project for October. Green is one of my fav colors. Reminds me of warm summer days.  As autumn slowly takes over, and everything starts turning brown, I wanted to grab the last bit of summer before the cold settles in. 

Hope you all like it.


"gorgeous"


2Crafty I used:

Pretty Birdcage

Fine Word Set 2

Square Collage Panel

Mixes Fine Border Set

Foliage Set 9



As always, all the chippies were first coated with White Gesso.



Starting at the top, here is a piece of the Square Collage Panel. After coating it with White Gesso, I dabbed it with Grey Acrylic Paint.


 

Here is the Foliage Set 9. I painted it with Unbleached Titanium Acrylic Paint, then dabbed over it with Grey Acrylic Paint.

Here also you can see the little border from the Fine Border Set.  I ran it down the right side of the photo from top to bottom under the flowers and birdcage. I painted it with Hookers Green Acrylic Paint.




And here is the focal point of the layout. This is the gorgeous Pretty Birdcage. I just love it! So beautifully detailed. I used a mixture of Olive Twist and Silver Fox from Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink. For the little Bird, I used Gold Lame, Green Apple and Kiwi, also from Smooch Pearlized Accent Ink. I love how this ink blends so well. Looks kinda real, huh?

I cut patterned paper to fit underneath the birdcage to brighten it up and really make it stand out.  Love how turned out!

Then I painted the title "gorgeous" from the Fine Word Set 2 with White Acrylic Paint. 


And finally, here is some more of the Square Collage Panel on the left tucked under the photo. This was done the same as the square collage panel at the top of the photo, with some Grey Acrylic Paint dabbed over the White Gesso.


And there it is.  Hope you like my splash of green and it has inspired you to try a monochromatic layout of your own with your favorite color.

See you all next month