Friday, September 23, 2022

"Friends" ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hi Everyone.  

Welcome to the fabulous 2Crafty Blog. So glad you stopped by!

Today I'm sharing a summery layout of a pair of best friends enjoying a bike ride on a beautiful summer day.  Hope you like it!


"Friends keep moving forward"



2Crafty beauties I used:

Circular Leafy Frame
Feathered Friends - Title
Mini Bicycles
Mini Flourish Bits
Angie's Vines
Corner Delightfully Floral
Leafy Shrub Set 2



As always, all the chipboard was given a nice slathering of gesso.

Here is the leafy part of the Circular Leafy Frame.  This piece is so beautiful, I love it! I first applied a thick coat of Art Extravagance White Crackle Paste on the leafy part, then painted it with Blue and White Acrylic Paint. I watered the paint down and dabbed it off as I went along.  I added a small chipboard leaf from another piece, placed it on top of the large leaf, and painted it blue along with the long skinny leaves on the piece.

Then added some blue pearls to jazz it up!

Here also is one of the Mini Bicycles. I first used black gesso, then painted it with Greystone from Prima's Woodlands Watercolor Set.


Here is the bottom leafy part of the Circular Leafy Frame and a leaf from the Leafy Shrub Set 2  done the same as the top portion.

Also you can see some of the vines I cut from Angie's Vines.  I places 2 of the cut pieces in the flower cluster. I used White Ultra Thick Embossing Powder on them.


Up top here are a couple pieces of the Mini Flourish Bits. I heat embossed them with White Ultra Thick Embossing Powder.

The frame around the photo is the gorgeous Corner Delightfully Floral. I painted it with Greystone from Prima's Woodlands Watercolor Set.

I used Crackle Paste all the way around the Circular Leafy Frame.  My first time using crackle paste.  I really like how it turned out.


I cut the word "Friends" from the title Piece Feathered Friends. I used black gesso first, then used Greystone and Chandelier from Prima's Woodlands Watercolor Set.


And there you have it! Hope you like it.

Be seeing you in a few weeks with a step-by-step tutorial so stay tuned!

XXX