Saturday, August 13, 2022

"Do what you LOVE what you do" ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hello again! Welcome back to the blog.

Robin back again to share with you a little bit of a grungy (yet always feminine) layout. 

This is a little out of my comfort zone, but I really had fun doing it!  I tried to capture the intensity of the photo with the design, colors, and chipboard pieces. Hope you like it!


"Do what you LOVE what you fo"



Beautiful 2Crafty used:

Angel Wings

Frame Jenna

Interlocking Grid Panel

Mini Flourish Bits

Corine's Swirl

Do what you LOVE what you do




As usual, I first used gesso on all the chipboard pieces.  Black gesso on them all of them except for some of the words in the title. When using dark colors, black gesso is best because it gives a deep rich base with which to really grab the color.



Here are the absolutely gorgeous Angel Wings. They are so beautifully detailed, I love em!  I didn't paint over the black gesso on the wings themselves, I wanted them flat black. I painted the "feathers?" of the wings with Bronze Acrylic Paint, then cut black cardstock to fit and placed it under the painted feathers. Love the sparkly effect.




I just used black gesso on the Interlocking Grid Panel seen here and on the bottom under the title. I wanted them to be matte black, and paint would make them too shiny. I chose this chipboard to mimic the grid pattern on the patterned paper.




Don't you just love the Frame Jenna? So beautiful and feminine! I painted the swirls and the middle with Bronze Acrylic Paint leaving the rim black for contrast. I cut the swirl away from the frame on the left so I could let it swirl down over the photo. It breaks up the white background and adds some interest. I stamped a butterfly on the middle part, but you can't see it very well. I would have preferred it be darker, but once it was stamped I didn't want to mess it up by trying to line it up to stamp over it again.



Here on the left side are 2 of the Mini Flourish Bits.  In the middle, here, and also on the right of the photo, are the ends cut from Corine's Swirl left over from another project. (Save everything). These were all painted also with Bronze Acrylic Paint.



 I love this title for this photo and layout. Says it all I think! 
I first applied white gesso to the words "Do what you, and what you do." I painted them with light grey acrylic paint. Then I applied black gesso to the word "LOVE" and painted it with Bronze Acrylic Paint. The little swooping thing under the "you do" in the title is another little leftover from Corine's Swirl. 
(Did I mention to save everything?)


So there it is.  A little grungy, a little intense, and a little feminine! As I said before, this was a bit out of my comfort zone. I'm glad I did it though. It's always good to take your creativity to a new level! So get out of YOUR comfort zone and try something new!
See you next time...