Wednesday, March 23, 2022

"today" ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hi Everyone!

Welcome back to the wonderful 2Crafty blog.

Today I'm sharing a layout that's a little bit country. To me, it gives the feeling of a quiet day on the farm. Hope you like it.

"today"


2Crafty magic used:

Old fence

Mixed Fine Border Set

Lattice Leaves

Chicken Barbed Wire

Amelia Flower Stems

Grass Clumps

Fine Word Set 3




As always, each piece of chipboard was first covered with gesso to give it a good seal.
That being said, let's get started.


Starting at the top, I painted the border from the Mixed Fine Border Set with White Acrylic Paint, then tucked it in between the 2 pieces of patterned paper framing the photo.

Here is one of the flowers from Amelia Flower Stems. I painted the flower with White Acrylic Paint. The flower center is a center I stole from another flower. I painted the center with Yellow and Yellow Oxide Acrylic Paint and then lightly went over it with white gesso. The stem and leaves were painted with Viva 'My Paper World Paper Soft-Color' in Light Moss Green.



Here is the other flower from Amelia Flower Stems. I used the same technique on both flowers.

Also peeking out is one of the Lattice Leaves. They are here and also tucked in among the flowers on the bottom of the layout.  I painted them with Viva 'My Paper World Paper Soft-Color in Light Moss Green.



The Old Fence is my favorite piece of chipboard on this layout!  Love it! I used a mixture of different colors of Acrylic Paint and Weathered Wood Crackling Medium. Love how it turned out!

The title today was painted with White Acrylic Paint.

Here also are more of the Lattice Leaves tucked in under the flowers.



Here is the Chicken Barbed Wire. This is what gives this layout the country feel I mentioned. I first used Viva Ferro Steel Paint, then dabbed over it with Viva Facetten Lock Silver Crackling Color. The Chicken Wire is also tucked in under the top left of the photo.

The Grass Clumps that are on the bottom of the photo and on top of the fence were painted with Viva 'My Paper World Paper Soft-color in Light Moss Green.

And there's that fabulous fence again! I cut the Old Fence in half so I could use it on both sides of the photo. did I mention that I LOVE this fence??


And there it is. This is a little bit different for me. Never done a "country" layout before. But I am pleased with how it turned out, and I hope you like it too!

I'll be back in a few weeks with another layout featuring beautiful 2Crafty goodness!