Thursday, May 5, 2022

"Beyond Words" ~ by Robin Schelin

 Hello everyone.

Welcome back to the 2Crafty Blog where you can always find inspiration!
 I am happy to share with you a layout today with just the sweetest little girl!

I love this photo, and tried to compliment it with the colors I chose to use on the chipboard.
 Also with the flowers and background patterned paper to highlight her little dress.
 Hope you like it!

"Beyond Words"

2Crafty awesomeness used:
Corner Elegant Set
Iron Gates
Mini Flourish Bits
Element Set 1
Beyond Words Title



As always, I first coated all the chipboard with white gesso.  On this layout I heat embossed
all the chipboard.  It really has an elegant finish, which is what I was going for.



Let's start  off with the first piece from the Corner Elegant Set tucked in over the fence on
the left of the photo. I just love this piece, the name says it all... Elegant!  I heat embossed it
twice with a mixture of Recollections Champagne and Glitz White Pearl embossing powder.

The flourish here from the Mini Flourish Bits was first heat embossed with Lindy's
Spanish Moss embossing powder.  It wasn't dark enough for me, so I then went over it with
some Green Acrylic Paint.  I really like the finish on these flourish pieces. The embossing
gives dimension, while the paint gives it a dull shine.




Here on the right is the other piece from the Corner Elegant Set, and another piece from the Mini Flourish Bits.  



The Iron Fence is just fabulous! I love it behind the photo!  This I heat embossed with
Lindy's Midnight Brown embossing powder. I cut some patterned paper to go under the fence
to make it pop and not blend in so much with the background paper.



Here are the pieces from the Element Set 1. These were heat embossed with the same mixture
I used on the Corner Elegant Set.  I just added more Champagne to the mixture to get
a slightly different color.



Last, but not least, is the title Beyond Words. This was heat embossed with the same mixture
as the Corner Elegeant Set.  Then I rubbed Art Alchemy Bronze Age Metallique Wax
over it.  I wanted it to almost blend into the background. I was after a subtle effect.


And there you have it.  I really enjoyed making this layout.
  She is just so stinking cute!! 
Anyway, I hope you like it and the you have been inspired in some way.

Until next time, stay safe and happy crafting!!