Monday, January 31, 2022

"A Glimpse of You" by Robin Schelin

 Hello again everyone!  Welcome back to the blog. 

I have another Winter layout to share it with you.

 I love using golds and bronzes on winter projects. Not only with the flowers, berries and such,
but also on the chipboard. I think the muted colors lends a touch elegance. 

Hope you like it!

"A Glimpse of You"





Beautiful 2Crafty goodness used:

Fine & Fancy Border
Swirly Holly Decorative Set
A Glimpse of You
St. Nicks Snowflakes




This chipboard is so beautiful, so intricate! I love the gorgeous details!  All of the chipboard I used, except for the Fine & Fancy Border, was first covered with white gesso.



The chipboard rectangle that is in the background is from the packaging of the Fancy Set 1 Borders.  When I was doing the search for pictures of the chipboard I used, the photo of this particular set did not have the rectangle pictured, just the borders. But I liked the packaging, so I used that rectangle here. I just painted it with White Acrylic Paint.
(Throw NOTHING away!!)

I cut the Fine and Fancy Set Border in half and used the pieces on both sides of the photos.  I left them raw to mimic the the light color of the circles on the patterned paper.




Here I have tucked in 2 pieces of the Swirls Holly Decorative Set. I painted the swirly part with Bronze Acrylic Paint, and the holly with Gold Acrylic Paint. Then I added 3 white pearls in the center of each of them.

On the side I added one of the St. Nick's Snowflakes. I painted it with White Acrylic Paint.




Here is the second St. Nick's Snowflake also painted with White Acrylic Paint 




The title, A Glimpse of You, was painted with White Acrylic Paint and placed on top of the photo and over the top of the last piece from the Swirly Holly Decorative Set.


And that's it for me today. Hope you like this layout and that it has inspired you.  I'll be back in a few weeks with another project using fabulous 2Crafty Magic!!

Until then...