Thursday, December 23, 2021

"it's the SEASON to Sparkle" by Robin Schelin

Hello everyone! Welcome back to the wonderful 2Crafty Blog.

Well, Christmas is almost here! Just a few days! It's been a very busy month, but it also is one of my favorite times of the year to create! Hope it is for you too! So festive, and joyful! 

I have one last Christmas layout to share with you and I hope you like it!


"It's the SEASON to Sparkle"


2Crafty Chipboard used:

6" Clock Face Frames

Festive Branch

4" Mandela No 3

St. Nick's Snowflakes 

Holly Flourish

it's the SEASON to Sparkle




As Always, I remind you that I coat all of my chipboard with white gesso.  Can't say that enough because that allows you to use any kind of medium without worrying if you're going to mess it up! It's the perfect base that gives you the perfect finish.


 

On the 6" Clock Face Frame, I used a mixture of gold and bronze Acrylic Paint. It gives it a muted shine that works beautifully with the color of the paper.

I used white Acrylic Paint on the 4" Mandela followed with a sprinkling of Distress tickles Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter.  I slid most of it under the photo, letting enough peek out to fill in the middle of the clock.





I removed the snowflakes from the Festive Branch (to be used on another project) and cut it in half, using half on the top of the flower cluster on the right.  I painted the flourish part with gold Acrylic Paint and the leaves with bronze Acrylic Paint.

I tucked in the very beautiful St. Nicks Snowflakes beneath the photo on the top. I first painted it with white Acrylic Paint then dusted it with Distress Stickles Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter.



Here is the other half of the Festive Branch and the other St. Nicks Snowflake. 

I only used the tip if the Holly Flourish, placing it underneath the photo on the right. I used the same gold and bronze Acrylic Paint on it as with the Festive Branch.



For the title, it's the SEASON to Sparkle, "its the SEASON to" was painted with red Acrylic Paint then sprinkled with Distress Stickles Clear Rock Candy Dry Glitter

The word "Sparkle" was painted with white acrylic Paint. I then added some Diamond Dust for a beautiful shining, sparkly effect. (hard to see in the photo, but its really is very sparkly!)


And there you have it! My last layout of the year. I have really enjoyed sharing my work with you this year, and hope I have inspired you in some way.

I love working with 2Crafty Chipboard, and am looking forward to working with them again in 2022. Please stay with us as we roll into a new year with new products, and new inspiration!!

Merry Christmas to all, and to all a good night!