Wednesday, October 20, 2021

"Wild at Heart" by Robin Schelin

  

 Hi everyone! Robin here. Welcome back to the 2Crafty Blog. 

 Today I am sharing a step-by-step tutorial for you. This layout is easy to make, and it does pack a punch if I do say so myself!

So sit back, relax, and let me show you how it was done...


"Wild at Heart"






The 2Crafty Chipboard I used:

Wild at Heart - title 

Corine's Swirl

Mini Flourish Bits

Decorative Doily




I'm going to start with the chipboard.
and tell you how I altered it before going on with the composition.




First, I gave it all a coat of white gesso.  The products I used were:

Ranger Texture Paste -  Opaque Crackle 
Artalchemy Metallique Wax - Bronze Age
Liquitex Basics Acrylic - Gold
Liquitex Basics Acrylic - Bronze
Liquitex Basics Acrylic - Copper
Art Philosophy Watercolor Confetti Set
Ranger Distress Grit Paste


On Corine's Swirl, and the Mini Flourish Bits,  I first applied the crackle paste with my finger.  I put it on pretty thick on some parts so it would be raised and add dimension.
When it dried, I mixed all 3 acrylic paints to get the color and then painted  it on with a paint dauber so it  would look almost like I used gold leafing. I also cut the bottom off of Corine' Swirl into 2 pieces to be able too use it on different parts of the layout.

On the Decorative Doily, I first used the grit paste on the tips of the doily, and then used sky, denim, blue, a little black and a dot or 2 of white from the watercolor set. My thought was to try to get the same colors and "textured" look of the background paper.
On the center of the doily, I used the same mixture of acrylic paint as the swirls. Then going out toward the tips I used a mixture gold and bronze paint followed with the Metallique wax applied with a small brush blending as I went.
A little gold paint on the spokes and a mixture of all 3 paints on the rim and it's done.

On the title Wild at Heart, I painted it the same as the swirls only I didn't use and crackle paste on it. I wanted it smooth just to be a little different.


Now let's put it all together.


I started by tearing the patterned paper diagonally.  Then added just a little animal print to the
sides and glued it down on the bottom paper.




I  added a journaling card at the top and then glued down a paper frame with a little of the
animal print in the center.
I then placed the first photo a little off center with Corine's Swirl tucked in the side.




I then added the second photo with one of the pieces I cut off of Corine's Swirl tucked in
on the bottom left. I placed a small piece of wood on the side of both photos.
  These were already painted blue, I just added a little of the paint on the edges, the inked it
with black ink.
I also added a small gold frame around the second photo to create separation between the photos.




Then I laid down the bottom pieces of chipboard, tucking in the Decorative Doily just a bit
under the photo. I also added a small glass clock to the center of the doily.
I placed the title, "Wild at Heart" at an angle to fit into the Decorative Doily kind of like
wheels in a cog.  
Then placed the piece from the Mini Flourish Bits on the right.




After all the chipboard was down, I added the flowers and the branches.
Also placing one flower at the top of the photo with the last piece of Corine's Swirl.



And that's it!   I hope you like it, and were able to follow along.
 Until next time, stay safe and keep on crafting!