Saturday, February 13, 2021

"Johns Bday"
By Charmane Sharp

 Hello everyone,

Welcome to the 2Crafty Blog today
to see some inspiration in the layout below that
I have created with lots of fantastic chipboard
pieces by the amazing 2Crafty.

I love to use chipboard on a mixed media
masculine layout. It adds depth and lots of
visual interest. So many pieces suit this style.




2Crafty chipboard used...

Aztec Arrows set 1
Vintage Keys
12' Clock Face Frames
Chained Circle Frames
Alpha set 1
Light Bulbs
Light Bulb word set 1
Geo Triangular Border



The Aztec Arrow and the Triangular Border were brought to life
with Finnabair Waxes in Charcoal Black, Rich Copper and Rusty
Brown. Blending these colours together makes each element look
rustic and fit with my theme.




Creating a rust effect on these Chained Circle frames was achieved after
a coat of Prima White Sand. Once dry I painted with Finnabair Metallic
paints blending together to achieve my desired rust look. Then I dry 
brushed some Black Gesso over the top lightly to accentuate the texture.
The Light Bulbs were enhanced with some Metallic paint by Finnabair.
They go together with the other pieces for an industrial feel.




Clock Face Frames are wonderful pieces that can be added to any layout.
Using the Alpha set allowed me to make my own unique title. Coated in 
Finnabair paint and dry brushed with Black Gesso gives a grunge finish
to the letters. I finished my layout with a large key given the same finish
as the Chain Circles to look like it was an aged key.


I hope you have been inspired by my mixed media creation to
purchase some 2Crafty chipboard and give this style a go for
yourself.

Until next time...

Charmane x