Wednesday, February 24, 2021

A splash of colour layout - by Chrissy Tingey

Hi everyone,

 Chrissy here with another layout for you, featuring some gorgeous 2Crafty Chipboard, with added stamped & fussy cut images. 


For this layout I wanted to paint some of the beautiful chipboard and keep some raw, I love that you can mix the two together for a different look



2Crafty Chipboard used :

Brooks Swirl x 2

11inch Circle Leaf Frame

Fancy border Set 2 




Once I had made up my base, which consists of white card and two layers of the same paper, one on top of the other the top being slightly smaller, I then stitched all around the edge, most of my layouts start like this. I then picked out some floral stamps to use and stamped one on plain white card and the other on coloured paper that coordinates with my base, I wanted this layout to be a bit funky and bright. These were then all fussy cut. 



I also stamped and fussy cut some leaves onto plain white cut. 


Now for the gorgeous Chipboard - I just love the large 11 inch frames you can get, 2 Crafty have quite a few!!! - I love this circle Leaf Frame, I decided to paint this white and this was going to be the main feature of my layout.


I cut the leaf section off the frame and repositioned it to the top right hand 
corner of my layout.


I then arranged my fussy cut flowers and leaves around the frame in three clusters. 


I also added Brooks Swirls raw chipboard around my flora clusters, I love how these then stand out from the painted frame


  I cut a small section from the Fancy Border set and added it to the top left hand corner of my layout, this just adds a pretty little detail. I have lots of little pieces of chipboard that would have been covered by embellishments, I keep them to use like this. 


I hope I have inspired you today to use these fabulous chipboard products, I will be back next month with two more Crafty Chipboard projects. 

Check out the 2Crafty Facebook page for lots of inspiration & the Instagram page

Happy Crafting everyone!!! 
Hugs
Chrissy Tingey 
xXx