Thursday, March 14, 2019

March Inspiration "Backyard Adventure" by Hina

Mixed Media Tag
"Backyard Adventure"


Hello Friends..
Back with my inspiration work for March, I created Mixed Media work on a large wooden tag. As the spring is around, I themed it on gardening/kitchen garden with lots of brown and green hues. 
The leaves/foliage and flourish chippies from 2Crafty are my most favourite always and I incorporate them in most of my projects. Here also. I have used the beautiful leafy stems along with other fabulous pieces.


I have used a couple of round chipboard negatives along with pieces of circle stack and checkerboard bits all over the base of the tag, and then covering them all with white gesso. 
I then applied sand texture paste with a stencil. Once everything dried nicely, I coloured the background with distress spray stains. This gave a nicel textured background. 



For the summer leaf stems, I applied Finnabair's Metallique Acrylic Paint in "Golden Moss" and "Green olive".


For the Brooke's swirl chippie that I layered under the photo, I have applied Finnabair's wax in "bronze age" and "vintage gold". I have added highlights of these waxes on the background chippies as well. This gave a nice finish to the pieces.



2Crafty Supplies used:

Summer leaf stems
Mini Checkerboard bits
Brooke's swirl
Circle stack

Hope you have enjoyed the post and got inspired!