Thursday, October 25, 2018

No time to talk - Layout with Emma.

Hi 2Crafty friends!
Emma here with you all today with a quirky but fun page.


And here are the chippy pieces I chose....

I have been in a bit of a Crafty slump just lately and was struggling to even add paint to a page. But as I was sitting playing at my desk with elements and this image, my youngest started playing his Spotify playlist in the background and on came 'Staying alive' by the Bee Gees....and just like that the title came to me and then I was totally inspired to start this page.

And so I just started playing!

I just love the quirk of this photo, well dressed animals are just so cool!


The chipboard I always want to make the main focus so I painted them with some Art Alchemy acrylic paints. And I chose colours from the photo to really enhance everything.


The geo arrows are just so cool and I really wanted these to be the colour contrast so I chose the red acrylic for these to almost match the braces of the well dressed racoon.


The background paper was just awesome also as I gave me some direction on where I wanted my 'water colours' to bleed from.


I chose a Grey acrylic shade for the Polaroid frames and layered them up under my photo.


And for the 'Crazy Stitched Panel' (which I cut some smaller pieces off the main grid) I first coated in white Gesso and then went over them in Metallique acrylic.

Once all my pieces of chippy and other elements were down I applied some Prima wax to some of the chippy and paper elements, to really tie every piece together.

So i'm pretty happy to say after creating this page I'm feeling less slumpy and more inspired.
Maybe the secret is to play more music more often while I create????

I hope you enjoy this share and it inspires you some how?

 I look forward to seeing all again very soon.
Till then, Em. xx