Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Tam's September Inspiration....

Hello there 2Crafty ones.
Tam here today to share another of my 2Crafty Chipboard Creations.....

"#Selfie"



This one is about some selfies I found on my phone, after a day spent with Cousins.
It made me smile, and I knew I wanted to scrap it.
I used the following 2Crafty Chipboard:
"Checkerboard Panel"
"Geometric Arrows"
"Mini # Word Set 2"




As the stars of this layout are teenage boys, I decided to use a black background, 
and add some bright blues and limes and also some grunge to the page.




For my "#Selfie" Title from the "Mini #Word Set 2", I added black paint and
 placed it on top of a tag to enable me to give it some height on the layout.



I painted the "Geometric Arrows", firstly with white gesso and then I added some Dylusions Ink Sprays in 'Polished Jade', 'After Midnight', 'Fresh Lime' and 'Vibrant Turquoise'.
Instead of spraying them on, I opened the bottles, and painted on the ink spray with a brush. 
I really love the effect this gives, and I love that I can layer up a few colours for an ombre look.




I wanted the "Geometric Arrows" to look like they were travelling across the page,
so I  snipped some in half, tucking some underneath and placing some so it looked
 like they were going off of the edge of the layout.
This helps to create movement and flow to the page.




I just adore these "Geometric Arrows".

They are a recent addition to the 2Crafty Chipboard Range, and I just know I will use them a lot.

Perfect for boyish pages, travel pages etc.




Underneath all my layers, I added the "Checkerboard Panel".

I applied white gesso, and then added some random stamping in black ink.

I wanted to achieve a grungy/boyish look.




I also added some to the right hand side of the page, poking out from underneath the tags.




I love the way this one came together.




I hope this has inspired your to get creative.....
I'll be back again next month to share some more designs.
Until then, you can check out my blog HERE.