Saturday, August 5, 2017

August Inspiration PLUS a VIDEO
by Kareen Dion

Hello!
It's my turn to show you my two layouts this month. 

So, as it's summer in Canada, I wanted to do a layout that represents Summer.
I took a picture of our Summer vacation in 2014 : the Beach. Love the beach, and we
are going to the beach again for our vacation : yeah! 

As you can see, I used a lot of chipboard, I used the Harlequin Clumps for my background.
I embossed them in a brown shade to contrast with the rest of the layout. I also used the Skeleton leaves to add a little extra to the flowers and the Scroll 3 below my picture to highlight the title.

"Day at the Beach"

Here you can see the title Day at the Beach, embossing with blue powder.


I also used the Frame Georgian to highlight my layout,
I love frames, they are so easy to use.


Another close-up to the Frame Georgian, I used both of them.


I really like the color combo brown/blue for an ocean layout!
I'm not used to those colors, but I really enjoyed it.

2Crafty products used : 
- Harlequin Clumps
- Skeleton leaves
- Scroll 3
- Title Day at the Beach
- Frame Georgian

*****


For my second layout, I made a video tutorial. 
I took a picture of my daughter which inspired me like she was dreaming.
That's why I chose the title "Dream a Little Dream"
To add a little punch to my page, I used the Interlocking Stick Panel which was
black embossed. As it's a feminine layout, I add the Whispy Dandelion. And of course, 
I added some Skeleton Leaves.

"Dream a Little Dream"

Here for my title, Dream a Little Dream, I put a layer of white gesso and then I used
 embossing powder. I like to put white gesso first as I found that we have a clean color
 then with the embossing powder.


A little close-up on the Skeleton Leaves used with white embossing powder.


The Whispy Dandelions were stamped with black gesso to create a shadow.
Then I embossed them with light pink.


The Interlocking Stick Panel is black embossed with glitters.


TO VIEW VIDEO CLICK HERE




2Crafty Products : 
- Interlocking Stick Panel
- Skeleton Leaves
- Whispy Dandelions
- Title Dream a Little Dream



Thanks for passing by today!
Have a wonderful month full of inspiration!


See You Next Time!

Kareen xx

8 comments:

Di Garling said...

Such a fabulous post Kareen. Two really gorgeous layouts with such awesome use of all the chippie pieces. LOVE them both. ♥️♥️

Rachael Funnell said...

WOW! Kareen... Both of these layouts are SENSATIONAL.... 😀💗

Tammy Klingner said...

Stunning work as always....I loved your video!!

Debbie said...

Beautiful Kareen! Enjoyed watching your video.

ingrid said...

Both just gorgeous Kareen! Love that color combo of the beach layout too! <3

ingrid said...

ps...Love the idea of stamping with the chippies! Great video!

Karine Gagnon said...

Superbes pages, Kareen! J'adore ce que tu as fait en estampant un ombrage à tes chipboards! Très ingénieux!

Noura Pompilla said...

wow very ingenious stamp with the chipboard thanks for the video